The Powerful Word of the Month is optimism! How can parents raise an optimistic child? In the above video, Dr. Robyn answers one question from a parent who often hears her child using an “I can’t attitude.”
Dear Dr. Robyn, my child typically has an “I can’t” attitude and I would like to help her be more positive. Do you have any tips or activities that can help her? –Liz P. Durham, North Carolina
Tips on raising an optimistic child featured in Ask Dr. Robyn video (see vlog for details):
(1) Teach your child to reword statements like “I can’t” or “I stink at this.”
(2) Teach them that thoughts have power.
(3) Teach them that optimism is a choice.
(4) Talk about overcoming challenges and adversity:
(5) Help them to set or reset goals.
Ask Dr. Robyn: How Can I Help Raise an Optimistic Child? is a post from: Dr. Robyn Silverman – Child Development Specialist, Body Image Expert, Success Coach & the Creator of the Powerful Words Character Development System