There is a lot of things going at SIDEKICKS this last part of May. I hope that you’ve taken advantage of all the opportunities we have provided for fun and for training , I will try to be brief.
1) Tomorrow, Friday the 17th is Buddy Bash. I look forward to seeing our Juniors and Little Dragons at the school for this monthly party that we hold for fun and to allow our students to bring their friends to the school and have even MORE FUN! There is still time to get involved in this event, just hit reply and tell me that you want to come and how many buddies are coming as well. The cost for this event is very reasonable. It’s only $10 per family and that includes any brothers and sisters and a buddy! After you’ve hit reply and told me who’s coming, don’t forget to go to our website and download the sign up form so that we have all of the information and the buddy’s waiver by a parent. You can get that by visiting http://sidekicks.me/newsletter.html
2) Saturday, the 18th is a twofer. At 10 AM we have our Monthly Black Belt Club Seminar for all of those students that have made the commitment to go all the way to black belt. We do a lot of special things in those classes and if you’re in the black belt club and haven’t been coming, I encourage you to take advantage of this part of your membership because it will really help you get the most out of your martial arts experience.
3) Next week is testing week! This is the culmination of the last three months worth of training and instruction at SIDEKICKS. If you haven’t earned all of your stripes, get into class over the next couple of days and knock it out. If you’ve gone more than two months since testing for a new belt, you should be ready for this test. If you have any questions and are looking for guidance, e-mail me back or call (813) 661-2224.
The schedule for Testing Week is as follows:
Monday, April 20 – Jr. Phase 1 at 6:00 PM
Tuesday, April 21 – Jr. Phase 2 at 6:00 PM
Wednesday, April 22 – Jr. Phase 3 at 6:00 PM
Thursday, April 23 – Little Dragons at 5:30 PM
Thursday, April 24 – Teen/Adults Phase 1-3 (color belts) at 6:30 PM
Friday, April 25 – Black Belts at 6:00 PM
There are NO REGULAR CLASSES next week. However, we will hold open mat from 4-6 PM every day. This is an opportunity to come in, get some practice and work one on one with an instructor if you have any questions. This is a new service that we’re offering now that we’re holding testing in this new format by holding them during the week. In addition, you can come to SIDEKICKS’ open mat on the days after you take your exam and train, workout, or ask to do some of the warrior x-fit exercises with us.
4) Saturday, April 26th we will celebrate all of our students getting promoted to their new belt ranks at our Annual Promotion Celebration and Cook-Out at Alderman’s Ford Park on Hwy 39. It will be from NOON to 3 PM and we will grill out burgers and hotdogs, and we ask all of you to bring a side dish to go along with it. In addition, bring your own seating (lawn chairs, etc.) as well as any sports equipment you want to play with. Come and relax, have fun, eat, be merry and celebrate as everyone gets another step closer to black belt. You do not have to wear your uniform.
5) If you haven’t heard, SIDEKICKS is now holding morning classes for adults. We have Warrior X-Fit classes at 8:30 AM on Mondays and Wednesdays. In addition, we have traditional Taekwon-Do classes on Tuesdays and Fridays at 8:30 AM. The classes are going on now. Pick up the new schedule (cream colored sheet) when you come to class for the schedule that takes effect on April 27th.
Learn more about everything that’s going on at Sidekicks by checking out our blog and newsletter by going to http://www.TampasBestMartialArts.com