A lot of introspection lately with regards to the school and trying to plan the next step as we move into the new facility in FishHawk
- Stop and Stare by OneRepublic
- It’s Over by Audio Adrenaline (I’ve listened to the whole Underdog album over and over this week)
- Flashing Lights by Kanye West
- Hollywood’s Not America by Ferras
- Like You’ll Never See Me Again by Alicia Keys
- God Be Merciful to Me (Psalm 51) by Jars of Clay (Redemption Songs is one of my all-time favorite albums)
- From God Above by Hillsong
- Chop Me Up by Justin Timberlake (I can’t get out of this week without giving Justin Timberlake or Timbaland some love)
- That Song in My Head by Julianne Hough (I’m not completly sold on the song, but it’s catchy)
- Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis (Mrs. C loves it and I heard it on the radio, she’s pretty good)
Also, since I just got a brand new iPod with lot’s more space, I’ve taken up listening to podcasts. They’re great to learn about new things and get the latest news or teachings from popular companies, magazines, churches, etc. Eventually I hope to start one specific to SIDEKICKS and later one for the martial arts business industry. However, I thought I’d share the things that were influencing me during my drives around town.
- Cavalry Baptist Church in Clearwater, FL. Dr. William Rice is the senior pastor of this church and I really think this guy is a phenomenal preacher. I would watch replays of his sermons on local christian television when I was a Sophomore in college. I was ecstatic when I found this podcast on iTunes. It adds to an already rich Christian life that I enjoy through my church here in Brandon (St. Andrew’s UMC) and small group bible study with my wife and few of our friends.
- FastCompany.com Podcast. I subscribe to this magazine and think they really offer a unique perspective on business and commerce. A recent conversation with Sir James Dyson offered good insights into how innovation and marketability are linked that I thought was cool (especially since I really like how he’s placed his vacuums and his new hand-dryer).
- Kono Magazine. Kono offers several video podcasts for people that read the magazine. In them Roland Osborne demonstrates the techniques and challenges to help out those that want to take their martial arts skills and interest in the magazine to the next level.
- Make It So – A Star Trek podcast. I love Star Trek. Period. I think it’s one of the best shows that’s ever been on television, in all its forms and this podcast offers interesting conversation and topics about the show, it’s impact on popular culture, and of course the latest news about the upcoming movie directed by J.J. Abrams (think-Lost and Mission Impossible 3).
- Joel Osteen Podcast. I enjoy listening to this one because he offers good advice and is usually pretty upbeat. I always learn something new that can help the way I think.
Well, really long today but I hope you enjoyed it.