Halloween is soon upon us! To make sure it is a fun, safe and happy time for family, follow the tips below!
1. Choose a costume that is fire-proof, fits properly, and allows you to see where you are going.
2. If your costume includes a prop, make sure that the ends are smooth and flexible enough to not cause an injury if fallen on.
3. Make sure you can see and be seen after dark by wearing a light-colored costume, using reflective tape, and by carrying a flashlight.
4. If you are going to go house-to-house, without your parents, be sure and plan a route ahead of time with your family so they know where you’ll be and who will be with you.
5. Only approach houses that have their house lights on.
6. While at the door, stand back several feet from the entrance and never go inside a stranger’s house.
7. Cross the street at corners and be sure to look both ways for traffic.
8. Be cautious around candles and jack-o-lanterns and don’t stand too close because your costume might catch on fire.
9. Be careful around pets and animals; they may be over-excited or scared of people they don’t know and bite.
10. Bring your candy home to be inspected before eating to make sure it hasn’t been tampered with.